Monday, September 5, 2011

Works of mine that are most me and why I think that is.

"What work have you made that seems most yours?"

Below are the things I have created up until this point that I have felt the most connected with and consider as being the most "me."

"Why?"

Well, the reasons I suppose are as much about the context of the works. There was enough freedom of subject for me to create something that shows a part of me in it. Other reasons have a lot to do with the common trend being something that I am interested in.

Common Trends (as I see them):
My daughter Zoey, texture, smaller parts creating the whole, childhood themes such as innocence and adventure, unconventional means of travel, vibrant colors, movement, and things that evoke imagination.

I really love the tedious task of creating something large our of smaller parts/objects. For example: stippling, installation projects, letters, random shapes and random objects brought together to create something new.

I also really love texture. Perhaps this is why I like installations. I love the physically tangible aspect of art.

I receive a lot of inspiration from my daughter. I'm not sure if this is something that others would consider tiresome but there is something exciting about the newness of childhood for me. And not just my daughter's childhood or even my own but everyone's childhood. Is this a subject others find intriguing?














I do like the idea of carving. I have almost no experience with carving but it is something I would like to experiment with.














No comments:

Post a Comment