Monday, September 5, 2011

Art is something you do...

"Art is something you do out in the world, or something you do about the world, or even something you do for the world. The need to make art may not stem solely from the need to express who you are, but from a need to complete a relationship with something outside yourself."



IN considering this statement, what ideas resonate most with me?

That all sort of resonates with me to a degree. I agree that art is something you do about the world– your experiences and perspective of life– and it is frequently something done in the world as well. I do think my need to create stems from a desire to complete a relationship with something outside of myself but it is important to me that I express myself in the process. I like to have a place to put, or even hide, my philosophies that is my own.

I'm not sure if any of this makes sense to anyone but me but I tried my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment