Friday, June 10, 2011

My favorite books, of all shapes and sizes

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
What can I say, I am female therefore I am in love with Mr. Darcy.




Franny and Zooey by J.D. Salanger
it's so much better than The Catcher in the Rye



Till We Have Faces by C. S. Lewis
Really great retelling of Eros and Psyche



To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Great classic. Worth rereading as an adult and not just as a high school assignment.



The Harry Potter Series by J. K. Rowlings
I'm super jealous of these awesome redesigns



By The River Piedra I Sat Down & Wept by Paulo Coelho 
I definitely sat down and wept while reading this.



The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings Trilogy by J. R. R. Tolkien
I actually like The Hobbit a little bit more than the trilogy because it's a quick read and really light hearted.  Not so much doom and gloom but more fun and adventure.



The Short Happy Life of the Brown Oxford, Short Story by Philip. K. Dick
If anything were going to bring an inanimate object to life it would be irritation, right?



Children's Illustrated Books (Books I read to my daughter)

Counting Birds by Alice Melvin
Love the illustrations of the birds.



For Just One Day by Laura Leuck, Illustrated by Marc Boutavant
Great illustrations and fun for encouraging imagination



An A to Z Treasure Hunt by Alice Melvin
So creative and fun. I think even an adult would get a kick out of this scavenger treasure hunt book.



Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
Speaks for itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment