Friday, June 10, 2011

5 Books I would like to read and an extra one for good luck

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
I'm ashamed to say it is the recent release of the movie that has sparked my interest in the book. 




Watership Down by Richard Adams
I have owed but not read this book for 10 years. I bought it with my allowance– that I earned doing way too much work for very little money–  when I was 14.


Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury
Have owed but not read this book for 8 years. I bought this with money I earned with my first sorta job– teaching a couple of ballet classes a week at the company I danced with; one for older women, one for 4-6 year old girls.







Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said by Philip K Dick
I have owned but not read this book since I was 17. One of the first books I bought with money I made with my first real job, working at Atlanta Bread Company.





Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
I know this is supposed to be her worst book but I still want to read it.





and Among Others by Jo Walton
A friend of mine read this recently and loved it.





I'm sad to say there are other books that I have yet to read after many years of ownership. Maybe someday I will have some free time to read them.



No comments:

Post a Comment